Make a difference, lead a change. Seeking an Accountant!
OUR MISSION at AREA9 LYCEUM
At the cutting edge of both corporate and K-20 education is adaptive learning – the ability to deliver a truly personalized learning experience online. Our adaptive technology enables people to learn faster and more efficiently by addressing each individual’s strengths and weaknesses using cloud-based software that works at the intersection of cognitive neuroscience and computer science.
We commit ourselves to high standards of business ethics, loyalty and integrity in a culture of friendship, respect, understanding and responsibility. We empower children, adults and corporations to agile learning.
WHAT WE DO
Area9 Lyceum builds 21st century skills and competencies through the world’s only four-dimensional learning platform, Area9 Rhapsode™. Founded by physicians and computer scientists and headquartered in Copenhagen and Boston, Area9 combines more than 20 years of research into human factors and cognition with cutting-edge computer science and AI to transform learning outcomes. Rhapsode delivers truly personalized learning at scale – cutting training time in half, guaranteeing proficiency and making lasting impacts on careers and business outcomes.
THE OPPORTUNITY (JOB OVERVIEW)
Area9 Lyceum is looking for a talent to join our fast-growing Company that’s reimagining education. You will work with our whole team to handle accounting, financial and administrative matters. This role is remote, but it is preferred in East Coast time zone.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING (DAY IN THE LIFE)
As an Accountant at Area9 Lyceum you will be involved with recording items in the General Ledger, obtaining supporting documentation, reconciling financial data and reporting out to others in the company on a project and monthly basis.
- You will work with banking transactions for the US and for the Danish parent
- You will track all company owned assets and record depreciation
- You will work on key supplier monthly statements, monthly allocations and recording thereof
- You will own Expensify, which is our employee reimbursement software
- You will queue up Accounts Payable invoices for payment
- You will track the office leases in the US and any related services and entries
- You will track the annual reports for various states, including preparing the filings/coordinating with the agent
- You will work on various insurance related documentation and support as well as working with the insurance broker on the company’s needs
- You will coordinate administrative needs to support the Finance/HR/Administrative departments and any projects for the CEO
- You will be our Dropbox guru
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO AREA9 LYCEUM
- Extreme Attention to Detail: You don’t let ANYTHING fall through the cracks and notice mistakes, errors, or no matter how minor
- Collaborative nature first: The word “I” or “me” is not in your vocabulary
- Flexibility: Ability to be flexible with various time zone differences between the US and Europe
- Organization Skills: You have a clear process that others can follow and ensures everything is addressed in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Hustle: Ready to roll your sleeves up and help us build a successful company.
- Professionalism and Polish in all forms of Communication: You have excellent written and verbal communication skills. You understand how to liaise with high-level leaders and executives.
- Self-Starter: At Area9, we move fast. You’ll need to be able to dive in and figure out what needs to get done.
- No-Task-Beneath You Mentality: Willingness to do anything necessary to get the job done.
- Easygoing, Flexible, and a Team Player: You need to be willing to persevere through tough situations, be resilient, be flexible when things don’t go according to plan, and be willing to work closely with any member of the team to get something accomplished.
- At least 3 years of Accounting, Finance and Administrative experience
- Direct experience with a monthly close process
- Experience with external auditors a plus
- You are an expert in Excel, previous use of queries is a plus
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of revenue recognition
- Experience with working on budgets
- Experience with an ERP implementation is preferred
- Small company/startup experience is preferred
- You must love data
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization including working on a project for the CEO
- Bachelors in Accounting or Finance, you must know debits and credits
WHAT AREA9 IS PROVIDING
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- Health benefits – medical, dental and life insurance
- Retirement plan – 401 (K)
- Vacation and sick leave
- A position in a dynamic global team of highly skilled experienced colleagues working with a wide range of content and projects for clients and partners
- A continuously evolving range of projects and assignments
- An opportunity to work in an exciting and dynamic organization
- An opportunity to work remotely from anywhere
Area9 Lyceum provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Kenzie complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has offices, or employees.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please apply directly at UScareers@area9.dk