Location: Europe / Asia
At the cutting edge of both corporate and K-20 education is adaptive learning – the ability to deliver a truly personalized learning experience online. Our adaptive technology enables people to learn faster and more efficiently by addressing each individual’s strengths and weaknesses using cloud-based software that works at the intersection of cognitive neuroscience and computer science.
Area9 Lyceum is looking for talented Medical Learning Engineers to create impactful online learning for our clients in healthcare using our 4th generation adaptive platform, Rhapsode™. Our customers include leading healthcare universities, associations, as well as leading pharmaceutical and medical device companies from around the world.
- Re-engineer existing or develop new adaptive e-learning courses in various areas of healthcare.
- Work on a freelance basis or in a more permanent position. We are entirely happy with people working part-time and/or flexible hours, and we understand the need for a balance between work and studies. We welcome diversity of all sorts.
- Effectively communicate with learning experts, healthcare professionals and Subject Matter Experts to translate business needs into performance and learning outcomes
- Self-manage projects using Area9 Rhapsode Workflow tools
- Review work done by peers
- A very strong science and/or medical/clinical foundation (at least a Masters or PhD required; MD/DO, Registered Nurse, Physician Assistant, or Nurse Practitioner preferred). A current medical license is not required.
- Ability to converse with healthcare leaders and Subject Matter Experts in their professional language to clearly understand their objectives.
- Instructional design skills and familiarity with learning science principles
- Project management skills: This is not a project manager position, but you need to be able to monitor progress on many courses and manage to deadlines; ensure each one of them is of the highest quality and developed cost-effectively.
- Critical thinking skills: You will re-engineer or develop courses to meet the goals of healthcare providers, and a sharp mind is required to understand and identify the most critical aspects of varying healthcare learning objectives.
- Comfortable with receiving and applying constructive feedback
- Comfortable with working on a rapidly developing software: the ability to learn a new technology platform and adapt to ongoing updates
- Excellent English verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and organize work in order to meet deadlines
- Familiarity with basic video, audio, and image editing tools and processes is a plus
What You Can Expect from Us
- Area9 U certification to properly prepare you for working with Area9
- A position in a dynamic global team of highly skilled and experienced colleagues working with a wide range of content and projects for clients and partners
- A continuously evolving range of projects and assignments
- An opportunity to work in an exciting and dynamic organization
- An opportunity to work remotely from anywhere
- Salary that commensurates with experience
If you have all these, you would be an ideal candidate for this position. Do you want to be a part of a team that delivers learning unlike anything else? Learning that is groundbreaking, adaptive, more efficient, more engaging, and of a much higher quality than anything seen until now? If you think you could excel in delivering these products, we would like to hear from you.
For additional information and to formally apply for this position, email your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Our Company
Area9 Lyceum builds 21st century skills and competencies through the world’s only four-dimensional learning platform, Area9 Rhapsode™. Founded by physicians and computer scientists and headquartered in Copenhagen and Boston, Area9 combines more than 20 years of research into human factors and cognition with cutting-edge computer science and AI to transform learning outcomes. Rhapsode delivers truly personalized learning at scale – cutting training time in half, guaranteeing proficiency and making lasting impacts on careers and business outcomes.
Learn more about what we do by watching this video.