At the cutting edge of healthcare education is adaptive learning – the ability to deliver a truly personalized learning experience online.
Area9 Lyceum (area9lyceum.com) is looking for talented Medical Content Developers to create impactful online learning for our clients in healthcare using our 4th generation adaptive platform, Rhapsode™. Our customers include leading universities and healthcare providers from around the world.
Our adaptive technology enables people to learn faster and more efficient by addressing each individual’s strengths and weaknesses using cloud-based software that works at the intersection of cognitive neuroscience and computer science.
We are searching for medical students with the potential to be outstanding Content Developers (called Learning Engineers at Area9 Lyceum). This requires the ability to understand the content and goals of healthcare education and the ability to translate this into meaningful learning resources and objectives. As a Medical Learning Engineer for Area9, you will:
- Re-engineer existing or develop new adaptive e-learning courses in various areas of healthcare.
- Work on a freelance basis or in a more permanent position. We are entirely happy with people working part-time and/or flexible hours, and we understand the need for a balance between work and studies. We welcome diversity of all sorts.
- Interact with healthcare professionals, learning experts, and clients from across the world.
- Be part of our international Medical Education Team, including healthcare experts and medical students from Copenhagen, Leipzig, Düsseldorf, New York, and Boston.
- With time, be able to manage your projects and courses.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE CAN:
- Converse with healthcare leaders and subject matter experts in their professional language to clearly understand their objectives.
- Use adult-learning focused instructional design to develop impactful learning experiences.
- Manage projects end-to-end to deliver outstanding customer results.
Do you want to be a part of a team that designs healthcare learning unlike anything else? Learning that is groundbreaking, adaptive, more efficient, more engaging, and of a much higher quality than anything seen until now?
If you meet all of these criteria and think you could excel in designing adaptive e-learning, you might well be a future Medical Learning Engineer, and we would like to hear from you. We will provide full training and support from our experienced team as you work with us.
- Highly motivated and bright medical student, preferably with clinical experience.
- Analytical and critical thinking skills. You will re-engineer or develop courses to meet the goals of healthcare providers, and a sharp mind is required to understand and identify the most critical aspects of varying healthcare learning objectives.
- Project management skills: This is not a project manager position, but you need to be able to monitor progress on many courses and manage to deadlines; ensure each one of them is of the highest quality and developed cost-effectively.
- Comfortable with enterprise software and productivity tools like the Microsoft Office® suite, Gmail, and Skype. Familiarity with authoring tools like Articulate Storyline 360® or Adobe Captivate® is not necessary, but useful.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills in English and ideally a second language.
- Familiarity with basic video, audio, and image editing tools and processes.
- Self-starter with an ability to prioritize and organize work to meet deadlines.
- Dependable and persistent, to see projects through to completion.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and knowing when to ask for help.
If you are interested, please send a personal statement and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org